At the end
my journey begins
the soul’s path
Hope’s music shelters terror
The person I see in the mirror is not me.
It hurts that I’ve lived with this stranger for so long
In my bandstand of dreams, the shadows grow long
Who am I, and who must I be?
What do I want, and what wants me most?
The darkness hungers! It pines for my soul! For all hope to fail; and to fill it with despair
Why not now?!
Take me or leave me!
It devours and rots within
Savours my demise
I trudge a world of billions
And yet my journey is lonely
Round each bend there is no end
The road goes on
And evil stalks my every step
A scrape on gravel
A snap of twig
Nightmares closer than dreams
The light calls
But it never comes
I hold on-
To a glimpse
To a future beyond woe
To you; my darling!
The person I see in the mirror is me; without you!
If you missed my last post, then you missed me saying my September is a month for dark writings, though I don’t know how romance crept into this at the end. I hope you enjoy it.
Always eager for your thoughts.
- Colleen’s syllabic challenge – Shadorma(3/5/3/3/7/5)
- Reena’s exploration challenge – “The person I see in the mirror is not me.It hurts that I’ve lived with this stranger for so long”
- Writephoto prompt – Bandstand
- Eugi’s weekly prompt – Journey
- Sadje’s whatdoyousee image prompt
Stay safe everyone, Stay loving. I’ll be catching up with your sites tomorrow.